Canvas Junk Journal: thatsjustpenny digi kit



This month, I made a canvas junk journal using thatsjustpenny's Minute Mysteries digi kit. I kept this journal fairly minimal, because I really like the imagery on the cover, and I didn't want other imagery distracting/competing with it. The journal is approximately 7 inches long and 4 inches wide.


Finished journal


My mother found a few old paintings from when I was younger. I almost threw them away, but then thought that I could use them in my crafting. The above canvas fabric became the cover to this junk journal.


                                     
I made an image transfer of the artwork from the digi kit. Images transfer backwards, but it didn't really bother me. My original intention was to use this as a background and collage more images from the kit, but I decided that I liked it alone. Next time, I'll print it backwards, so the numbers and letters will be the correct way. But, no biggie....


I ended up cutting off the left-hand side where the image didn't reach. I like the distressed look of the transfer.


In this detail, you can see the backward numbers.


I ended up using the same image from the kit to line the inside of the cover. This time I glued the print right onto the canvas. I edged it with black acrylic paint.


I recently started using a composition book as a glue book. I had to cut a bunch of pages out because it was getting too fat. So, I used the torn out pages inside this junk journal. I cut them down to 7 in. by 8 in.


I used the pamphlet stitch to bind the pages.


The inside of the journal. 



 
I finished the book with some embellishments: gears, corners, and a key. I think the weight of the page corners helps with the flopping over of the cover. The key tucks into the string to hold the journal closed. 



Thanks for checking out my blog post.  If you are inspired to make your own journal, please check out thatsjustpenny. She has a large variety of digi kits available.







Comments

Popular Posts