CD Envelope Junk Journal: ThatsJustPenny Victorian Seamstress Digi Kit

This month I used the Victorian Seamstress Digi Kit from thatsjustpenny to turn some junk CD  (remember those things?) envelopes into a lovely junk journal. 


The loose leaf string binding was a mash-up of a couple of YouTube tutorials by Shannon Green and bagfulloftreasure. Below are pictures of my process. 

I decided to only use the white CD envelopes for my journal.


Beautiful prints from the Victorian Seamstress kit. 


I made the cover 1/4 inch larger than the envelopes.


I attached the corner pockets to the paper that I wanted to use on the inside covers. 


All glued together (using a glue stick).


I used waxed linen and some sort of  first aid tape (can't remember what it's called) to start the binding process.


A while ago, one of my dogs had gotten a hold of my waxed linen (probably with the help of the cat). I noticed for the first time, that the core now looks like a heart. So, I had to take a pic. 


Punched holes in all of the envelopes, after stringing and taping them.


Created journaling cards using packaging. I glued the lined card on one side and the ephemera print on the other side (both are from the digi kit).


I had received this in a grab bag of goodies from a member of AFA (ATCs for All). Since it was pink, I decided to use them in this journal.


I glued the oval onto one of the scraps I had  after making the inside of the journal cover. I also glued it down onto some packaging to make it more sturdy. Then I finished it off with a stamp from my collection. The back is blank, for journaling.


I added some crocheted lace to a few paper clips that are in the journal.


I added some beads, measuring tape ribbon, and the scissors charm.


Inside the front cover of the finished journal.




I had a lot of fun creating journals for thatsjustpenny these last few months. Her kits are so much fun to create with. Please visit her etsy shop if you are inspired to create your own junk journal. And if you want to try this binding, check out the YouTube channels that I linked above. 





Comments

  1. SO happy to visit your blog and see how you created this beautiful CD case journal. Creating a junk journal is on my "wanna do" list! Hopefully soon! :) Happy Creating Jen! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts