PAPER BEADS


I am constantly amazed at how the ugliest ad from a magazine can roll up into a beautiful bead. Honestly, I have no idea what I'm going to do with all of these paper beads, but I am enjoying making them (and running my fingers through the container of sealed beads).

I have been experimenting with layering rectangular and triangular shapes of papers. I mostly use magazine or calendar images as a way to recycle, but using a thicker scrap paper gives the bead more width.

I have also experimented with different sealers. I first tried a layer of Diamond Glaze topped with a layer of Glossy Accents. I was hoping to cut my time in half when I found DecoArt's Triple Thick Brush-On Gloss Glaze. One coat would do the job, as would one coat of either of the other two sealers I mentioned. However, I still need two coats to get the finish that I am looking for. 








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts