Happy New Year! ~ Creative Goals for 2019




The new year always feels like a fresh start. It's a time for making resolutions and setting goals.
My goals for 2019 revolve around my creative time.

Last  year, I found it difficult to get motivated to create. I realized that part of the reason was my work space.  I started tackling it last month. It would have been nice to get it finished before the new year, but it is quite the overwhelming task. To say it was a disaster would be an understatement.

My work space in December. 

I have organized enough of it to be able to work in it, and I've actually started spending time in there every day. I can't wait until everything has a place, but for now... I'm feeling motivated to create and that's what matters. I'll post a picture of the final organized space when I'm done.

Another of my goals for 2019 is to be better at documenting my creative journey on this poor neglected blog.
We'll see how that goes...

This year, I want to complete the altered book that I started last year. I've been following along to LorriMarie Jenkins' YouTube videos. Here is a bit of what I've completed so far:



   

This year, I am going to art journal. I just completed my first page today ~ which ties into another of my goals for the upcoming year: to participate in Art Joy of Sharing's Pick a Stick Challenge every month.

#PASC0119


The colors for the challenge were white and forest green. The steps in order:

1. Reduction ~ I tore pieces of green paper into smaller pieces and attached them to the background.
2. Tissue ~ I added Tim Holtz tissue wrap to the page.
3. Zig Zag ~ I used a hand carved chevron stamp to create zig zags on the page (with Archival Ink).
4. Pour ~ I poured water onto the page and then fluid acrylic and acrylic ink. I moved the puddle around and dried it with a heat gun.
5. Napkin Wild Card: Trace ~ I traced around the torn pieces of paper with a black stabilo pencil.
6. Grimy ~ I smudged the stabilo to give the page a grunged up/grimy feel.

I finished it by adding Tim Holtz words and cheesecloth to bring white back into the spread. Now I just need to make the ATC for the challenge.

That's it for now. I hope to be back for another update soon.

Happy New Year!!!!

I just wanted to add my January ATC for the Pick a Stick Challenge:

#PASCATC0119

White was the ATC challenge color.
Steps, in order, were:
1. Tear ~ I tore up the text paper for the background.
2. Reduction ~ I reduced the visibility of the words (except "beauty") on the background paper with gesso.
3. Grimy ~ I spritzed water soluble graphite (9B) scribbles to grunge it up.

I finished my ATC by adding a piece of lace with some small staples. I then added more graphite (and water) and an air dry clay face.




Comments

Popular Posts